Batman vs. Black Woman
The easy way out is to say “we’ll just have to wait and see.” The end. My anticipation of Ben Affleck playing Batman is tingling, but I just can’t see him in the role. Then again, nobody could really see Michael Keaton in the role of Tim Burton’s Batman (1989), but he held his own against acting heavyweight Jack Nicholson playing the Joker. Let’s break it down:
The Cons of Ben Affleck as Batman
- Shaky on the accents. How is he going to pull off that growl?
- He didn’t pull off Daredevil too well.
- He looks a little young (even though he’s 40).
- Did I mention Daredevil?
The Pros of Ben Affleck as the Dark Knight
- He’s given some solid performances lately (Argo, The Town).
- He has the build to play the badass in black.
- I can see him as Bruce Wayne giving off the impression that he’s an arrogant billionaire/ womanizer.
- The guy has a strong chin.
Ben Affleck's chin is worthy!
Were there better choices? Probably. I would’ve let Karl Urban ( or you know, Christian Bale) give it a shot, but I’m just a drunk peasant, so blah blah blah. They could’ve done much worse, and I’m glad they didn’t. Zack Snyder’s untitled Superman/Batman
film will be hyped up to the heavens, and it looks like it might be doomed before it even gets released, but I’ll be there no matter what to see how it all turns out. Anyways, maybe they’ll get the Joker back in the picture too…